mardi 16 septembre 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Authors I've Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More



This week's theme: Top Ten Authors I've Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More. I thought this was going to be difficult but it turns out there are a LOT of authors I've only read one book from! Time to update the old To Be Read List!


Top Ten Authors I've Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More




Seanan McGuire

I just finished Sparrow Hill Road (which I loved) and have added all of her books to the top of my TR list for the next few months. How I had not heard about her before now is beyond me!

J.A. Konrath

I was an afficianado of Konrath’s blog for a long time a few years ago and yet I have only read one of his books – The List, back in 2010. I really enjoyed it but never got round to reading any more.

Mike Carey

Again, this dates back to 2010, when I read The Devil You Know. Other series got in the way, though, so I never continued with his Felix Castor novels, something I am definitely going to have to rectify in the future.

David Anthony Durham

Acacia was a fantastic fantasy debut and one of the first books I ever wrote a review about. Unfortunately, I never got around to continuing with the series. They are on my TR list but have been pushed down time and time again. Hopefully I’ll get to them sometime next year!

James Ellroy

The Black Dahlia is my only novel of his I have read. I have Perfidia on my immediate TR list so I will probably have read a second book by this time next month!

Paolo Bacigalupi

A hugely entertaining and mind-bending sci-fi novel, I never got around to reading anything more after The Windup Girl. I will definitely rectify this when his new novel – The Water Knife – comes out next year.

Guillermo del Toro

You would think that with all the hype about the TV series recently I would have gotten around to reading beyond the first book of The Strain, but unfortunately not.

Elizabeth Bear

I had heard so many good things about the Eternal Sky series but only got around to reading the first book in the series earlier this year. Definitely one to follow!

Robert S Redick

Another long-ago debut, The Red Wolf Conspiracy has everything I like in fantasy – a weird world with steampunk leanings, interesting characters and an intriguing plot. I think it was the length of the follow-ups that meant I never got around to reading them but I hope to get on with them next year.

Brian Staveley

Staveley’s The Emperors’ Blades was probably my favourite fantasy debut of the year. I have not read anything else by him for the simple reason that he hasn’t released the follow-up yet. It will be at the top of my TR list as soon as it comes out early 2015. 

Which authors have you only read one book from but want or need to read more? Share below in the comments! 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire