mercredi 3 septembre 2014

August in the Library


So August was a mixed month – usually hugely busy at work, this year was pretty calm, allowing me more time than expected to read and review quite a few books. That allowed me to get into a good rhythm of posting here (also helped along by a change to the length of reviews) which petered out at the end of the month as the expected rush at work began! Halfway through the month I had a week’s holiday with the family down in the South of France, and we had both my parents and my in-laws staying for a few weeks to watch the Munchkin. Everything is slowly getting back to normal now, though work is still quite busy.

On the blog… Like I said, there was a period of almost twenty days when I managed to have a new post every day, which was nice, and I was able to get quite a few reviews posted. In August I reviewed sixteen books, most of which I had read the month before. I’m probably going to skip some of the books I read this month to get back to reviewing more recent titles, keeping some of the backlog for when I need an extra review here or there. What exactly did I review in August?

Recap

Reviews:

Collecting Shakespeare by Stephen H Grant
Lovers at the Chameleon Club by Francine Prose
Unwrapped Sky by Rjurik Davidson
Teeth of the Tiger by Tom Clancy
Hell Before Breakfast by Robert H Patton
Dragonsblood by Todd McCaffrey
Mr Mercedes by Stephen King
The Rise and Fall of Great Powers by Tom Rachman
All That is Solid Melts into Air by Darragh McKeon
The Mantle of Command by Nigel Hamilton
The Seal of the Worm by Adrian Tchaikovsky
The Heist by Daniel Silva
The Iron King by Maurice Druon
Demain j’arrete by Gilles Legardinier
Completement Cramé by Gilles Legardinier
Darth Vader and the Cry of Shadows by Tim Siedell


I participated in three Top Ten Tuesdays:

Top Ten Books I’d Give to Readers Who Have Never Read Narrative History
Top Ten Book I’m Not Sure I Want To Read
Top Ten Books I Really Want To Read But Don’t Own Yet


And posted three New on the Library Shelves posts:

10 08 14
17 08 14
24 08 14

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire